Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's for Teacher's Tutorial


I learned how to make these "lollies" at a church activity from The Diary of DavesWife. It was so easy to make, and it turned out awesome! I thought it would be a fun and different thing to do for the kids teachers for Valentines. While I was at it I decided to take step by step picks and do a tutorial.

Supplies:
3 sheets of 12x12
glue gun
embellishments (ribbon,doilies etc)

1. One at a time fold your paper like an accordion.
2. Then fold your accordion in have so you have a fan shape, glue together. Do this 3 times.
3. Take all 3 fan shapes and glue them together so you have a circle.4. Next comes the fun part decorating it!! I used some paper doilies, ribbon and lace I had on hand. I also used some stickers.I put lace around the edges and added a bow at the top.
I added hot pink ribbon to hang it with and declared this one done and ready for Kaleb's teacher.
For the one for Ryne's teacher I used some light pink lace around the center, then I made a bow with ribbon and added a love paper button in the middle, added some ribbon to the back to hang it and that's it.
And here's a close up of the one I did for me. I chose to go with classic black since it's an accent color in my house and I can display it all year round!

I have a lot more crafty things to come so stay tuned!




No comments: