Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fairy Dress

So a couple years ago when my daughter started pre-school we were pretty strapped for cash and couldn't really buy her new clothes, so I would let her go through my patterns and material and I would make her clothes. This year wasn't any different while we were in Idaho my mom took her to the fabric store and let her pick out some new fabrics. I didn't think I would be able to make her a new outfit for the first day cause I have been so busy with other stuff, she was little disappointed and I didn't want to disappoint her so I made her this little dress on Monday out of her favorite fabric.

 I cheated with this flower and used bias tape instead of making my own with the same fabric as the dress. I really like the contrast of the blues against the pink, it also brings out the blue in the fairies wings.

 I trimmed the sleeves, neck and bottom of the skirt in pink rick rack, it really finishes off the dress.
I love the fullness of this dress and so does Ryne it's great for spinning!











lil luna link party button

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

cuteness! happy first day of school!

Heather said...

Thanks! Happy first day of school to you too, isn't it wonderful!?

Amy said...

Such a cute dress! I agree the blue flower really brings out the colors of the dress. Thanks for sharing!