Thursday, September 1, 2011

Strawberry quilts and a tip

I got my girls quilts tied a couple of weeks ago I just haven't had a chance to post about it. I mentioned before a friend of the family Merlene gave me 2 Strawberry Shortcake quilt tops;
My mom and I bordered it with red gingham and backed it with a fun flannel piece my mom had on hand.
While I was visiting my moms I went to a church quilting activity and learned and new way to mark a quilt so I thought I would share, it's a great and fairly easy too.
So what ya do is after your quilt is on the frame, you a ruler(yard stick, measuring tape) measure and mark every 4 inch on all 4 side of the quilt with pins. This next part is easier with another person, take some string (I used crochet thread) have one person stand at the top of the quilt and the one at the bottom, tie the string to one of the pins throw the string to the other person and have them wrap it around 2 pins on the other side, you'll toss it back and forth till your done with the length. Then you repeat that the width of the quilt, so in the end you should have a grid, of 4X4inch squares.
Once your grid is done you can start tying by eyeballing the center of each square.
My girls L.O.V.E their new quilts, and they look so cute on their bunk beds! I hope I explained the grid markin right if you have any questions feel free to email me.

Linking up with:




No comments: